100 Triathlons
Go to the early blogs to read how I got into triathlons. Click on any picture to enlarge it. "It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood...who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly." Theodore Roosevelt 1910


Monday, June 13, 2022

Another setback

 After my September 9, 2020 bike crash where I broke my left collarbone, I took another spill on a training ride on May 22, 2022.  I landed on my right shoulder, hip and knee and struck my (helmeted) head on the concrete up on Route 46.  Nothing broke, but I lost a minute as I have no memory of the crash, just standing next to the bike afterwards.  At mile 18, I had to ride 10 miles back to the van and then drive home.  I went to the Advent Health ER on the 24th and they did a lot of tests which showed nothing.  Then I saw Dr. Awan, the DO at Advent RDV, and he ordered PT for me with David Garcia, a hip X-ray (nothing broken), and an MRI of my shoulder.  It's been 3 weeks now and I'm still hurting.  The week before my crash, I had a solid week of training on Sanibel/Captiva, riding 100 miles, running 12, and swimming in the Gulf everyday.  And this past weekend, I missed the first Sommer Sports Sprint Tri out in Clermont.  As this is a path I've traveled before, I'll just be patient and climb back up.

at Redfish Pass on Captiva


Running on the beach



No comments:

Post a Comment