100 Triathlons
Go to the early blogs to read how I got into triathlons. Click on any picture to enlarge it. "It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood...who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly." Theodore Roosevelt 1910


Sunday, October 23, 2022

# 185 The Great Floridian Triathlon in Clermont

 Completed my 185th triathlon today at the Great Floridian Multisport Festival in Clermont, Florida. 

 Full iron-distance athletes went off in the dawn at 7:30 AM, followed by the half group at 8:15. My Sprint started at 9:15, air temp 55’f, water temp 68’ with a 10-mph breeze across the lake. I brought my wetsuit but decided to skip as the temp was borderline for me. 

 It was cold but the chop was the difficult part. Lost a minute in transition putting lube on a heel blister and my bicycle leg was one mph slower than last year due to the wind and several holdups behind groups of cars. I had a great 5K run though, with 9:04 splits and took 1:30 off my last year’s finish with a 1:11:24. Achieved a podium spot with a 3rd out of 7 in 65-69. 

 Friends Rob Marens, Kenyon Congdon, Bill Black and Enrique Mercado were there, and I ran into Jeff Cuddeback making a brief stop on a training ride. Also met a women named Naomi Youei in Hammer gear; she was doing the run leg for Nicholas Castellano as a Hammer Nutrition team. Got there early so the Hammermobile was in the first spot. Passed out a lot of samples to people. Great day in Clermont!

Moon over Clermont



Bill Black, winner in Clydesdale class

Swim finish

Stunning day!

Kenyon, Enrique and friend

Naomi from north of England

Jeff Cuddeback

                                               

Moulton and me



No comments:

Post a Comment