100 Triathlons
Go to the early blogs to read how I got into triathlons. Click on any picture to enlarge it. "It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood...who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly." Theodore Roosevelt 1910


Sunday, October 14, 2012

Mike's First 5 Miles!

My friend Mike O'Leary did his first 5 Mile run this morning at the U Can Finish (UCF) 5 Mile Run at the University of Central Florida in Orlando.  Mike first saw me run a 10K in Dublin, Ireland, four years ago and that inspired him to begin running.  Click on a pic to enlarge it.
I normally bike 50-70 miles each Sunday and found that the UCF campus was 26 miles from my house, which was a perfect distance.  I left the house at 5:30 AM and got there at 7:05.  The weather was good, clear, and 65' F at the 7:30 start.  The course wound around the UCF Campus so everyone got an idea of how big the campus is.  I met his wife Louise right after the start and after I rode down the course to get some pictures, I joined her back at the finish line as Mike came in.  His time for the 5 miles was 50:50, which was his intended goal.  Well done Mike!












Here's a pic from that Dublin 10K (yellow jacket on left) from 2008; 50' F, rain and wind (typical Ireland!).

No comments:

Post a Comment