100 Triathlons
Go to the early blogs to read how I got into triathlons. Click on any picture to enlarge it. "It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood...who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly." Theodore Roosevelt 1910


Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Super Bowl Duathlon in Clermont

February 5 was the 8th edition of the Super Bowl Duathlon, put on by Kevin Grogan and the Clermont Triathletes.  This free race is a good assessment of your mid-winter fitness levels.  The 2016 event was very cold so all were happy that today's was held at 60' F. Sixty plus competitors showed up for the 2 mile run, 12 mile bike (hilly), and 2 mile run, all held within Lake Louisa State Park in Clermont, FL.  Robb Beams was there with his son Josh and I met some other nice people too.  The race started promptly at 9:00 and the fast guys really took off.  They were zipping by me on their bikes as I ran into transition to mount up.  This was a draft-legal race so I stayed with a small group until the hills split us up.  I managed to finish my bike leg (17.6 AVS)  before the leaders finished so that felt good.  Final total time was 1:14:06 which translated to 41st out of 61 overall; I was 7 minutes faster than last year's 1:22:16.  Kevin got bagels and door prizes for the finishers ( I won a hamburger!) and the sun came out and made it a real Florida day.



Josh and Robb Beams and client Diane

Enrique Mercado and Alex Colon

Happy at the finish!

Robb Beams, Eric Graverling (2nd), and Natt Reifler



No comments:

Post a Comment