100 Triathlons
Go to the early blogs to read how I got into triathlons. Click on any picture to enlarge it. "It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood...who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly." Theodore Roosevelt 1910


Sunday, September 9, 2018

# 159 Clermont Sprint Triathlon in September

Saturday was the fourth and final race in the Clermont Sprint Series.  Today was a bright, sunny day with no wind and a water temp of 82'f.  A lot of friends from Seminole County Triathletes were there along with new friend Ryan Ridge, doing his second triathlon.
I was in the third wave and had a great swim in the calm waters of Lake Minneola, finishing with a time of 9:58.  My bike ride on the Moulton SST was exceptional, with a top speed off Bloxam hill of 39.3 mph, and an average speed of 18.1 mph.  This was probably my best ride at Clermont yet, due to a seat adjustment after the last race.  Taking off on the run I felt great and completed the run in 27:58, crossing the line in fourth place out of nine with a time of 1:18:39.  This was my second fastest time in the series.  After the race had ended, I checked the results online and discover that in the final tabulation of series point, I had won the Championship.  My solid finishes in all 4 races had acquired more points than anyone else.  Trophy and $50 gift card!
Moulton ready to go!

Jill and Meggan

Coming in on the run

Happy winner!

Seminole County Triathletes

Ryan and Michelle

Ryan and I

No comments:

Post a Comment