100 Triathlons
Go to the early blogs to read how I got into triathlons. Click on any picture to enlarge it. "It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood...who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly." Theodore Roosevelt 1910


Friday, September 18, 2020

A small obstacle.

 Four days after my last triathlon (9/9), I went out for an early morning training ride and in the process of seeking a safer course, I found a slicker one and went down hard, breaking my left collarbone.  I was only 2 miles from home so Sandy came and took me to the Advent Health Altamonte ER.  That culminated in surgery with Dr. Cody Hillen to pin the bones back together six days later on September 15th.  The next scheduled race for me is The Great Floridian Triathlon (1/3 distance) on October 24; we'll see how I am by then.  Just a small obstacle in the process we call life.

Waiting for Sandy
Unfinished ride


Day after surgery

New helmet to replace the damaged one; saved my head!


No comments:

Post a Comment