100 Triathlons
Go to the early blogs to read how I got into triathlons. Click on any picture to enlarge it. "It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood...who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly." Theodore Roosevelt 1910


Sunday, March 10, 2024

# 205 Great Clermont Triathlon

Great time at the first Sommer Sports race of the year, The Great Clermont Triathlon. With my shoulder problem (plus the water was cold!), I switched to the Sprint Duathlon instead; 1 mile run, 9-mile hilly bike, and then a 3-mile run. Woke up at 3:15 AM with the time change and thought I could sleep a little more, then realized my alarm was set at 3:30. Got to the park at 5:00 with light rain and wind and prepared for the 7:45 sunrise start. Even though it was 70’f, the wind off the lake was chilling and I wore a shell for the first run. Felt warmer getting on the bike and had a great ride averaging 16.2mph with the hills/wind. 5k run was fast but still cool and I finished 10th out of 27 with a 1:18:06; at 71, I was the oldest by far. My friend Ricardo MiroFlecha was coaching some young people and got some photos of me on the bike. Sommer Sports had the Sprint races go first followed by the Olympic an hour later which really kept the course open; two transition areas worked well too.

No comments:

Post a Comment