100 Triathlons
Go to the early blogs to read how I got into triathlons. Click on any picture to enlarge it. "It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood...who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly." Theodore Roosevelt 1910


Sunday, June 9, 2024

# 206 Clermont Sprint Triathlon in June

Never was a person happier finishing 5th out of 6 in a triathlon then me today (my #206). After three months of health issues and 8 weeks of no training, I approached this race cautiously and was ecstatic over the results! Hot weather was a factor as it was 75’f at 5:30 AM when I arrived and 94’f in the sun for the run leg. I did this same race in October and today my swim was 3 minutes slower (shoulder issue), bike was .3 mph faster and run was very hot with my overall time of 1:21:05 six minutes behind last year. Lots of friends there; Kerry Simmons was 1st Female overall (at 58) with Teresa Tinsley in third. Kevin Simmons won the Aquabike. Dawn Lane won Female 60-64 with Tiger Lassa in second by 13 seconds. My dentist, Dr. Sarah Day got second in International Distance Female 50-54 and Bill Black finished third in Clydesdale 40+.

No comments:

Post a Comment