100 Triathlons
Go to the early blogs to read how I got into triathlons. Click on any picture to enlarge it. "It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood...who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly." Theodore Roosevelt 1910


Sunday, May 21, 2017

# 146 Cape Coral Triathlon

I did this race 4 years ago as it coincided with my vacation on Captiva Island.  That happened again this year and I found the event much more organized (and USA Triathlon sanctioned now).
SW Florida had some very windy spring weather so the Caloosahatchee River was quite choppy for the mass start.  I had a great bike ride on the 2 lap course through Cape Coral, averaging 19.1 mph.  My runs continue to be solid, with a 8:28 mile split over the 5k.  I finished 2nd in my age group and was very pleased.  Met some nice people after the race too.
Moon over transition

Early bird gets the front of the rack

R.K. and Tiger; she won Female GrandMasters

Duane Rice finished first to my second

No comments:

Post a Comment