100 Triathlons
Go to the early blogs to read how I got into triathlons. Click on any picture to enlarge it. "It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood...who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly." Theodore Roosevelt 1910


Saturday, June 1, 2019

# 163 Clermont Sprint Triathlon in June

Tri #163 this morning in Clermont! The best thing about this Sprint Series is seeing all my old friends and making some new ones. My two old nemeis' were here, James Mayer and Will Hathaway. Good crowd also, with the triathlon, duathlon, and 5k races. Swim was the usual confusion and fun followed by the very hilly bike ride. I passed many people climbing in totally the wrong gears which at that point is a moot point since you can't shift under load. Averaged 17.6 mph for the bike course; hitting 37.5 coming down the big hill. My run was great with 9:05 mile splits and I passed 2 guys in my age group to finish 4th out of 10, 88th out of 237 overall. Great fun meeting everyone after the race with lots of pizza for breakfast! My friend Kerry Librada Girona won Female Overall; very fast!
Moulton in waiting



James Mayer, age group winner!

Will Hathaway, 2nd place in my age group


Close to the finish!

Enrique Mercado and Rob Marens

Kenyon Congdon, Enrique, and Kerry Libroda Girona

Amy and Rob

Reeli Reinu



Beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment