100 Triathlons
Go to the early blogs to read how I got into triathlons. Click on any picture to enlarge it. "It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood...who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly." Theodore Roosevelt 1910


Sunday, June 23, 2019

# 164 Ormond Beach Tri-Y Triathlon

This was my third time doing the Ormond Beach Triathlon and I really enjoyed myself! Got there at 5:45 to see the sky lightening over the Atlantic Ocean followed by a lovely sunrise.  Got racked and set up and began the stroll down the beach to the start. Atlantic Ocean swim was nice and flat with shallow sandbars by the shore. Over the flat and fast bike course the Moulton SST and I did well and I averaged 18.3 mph.  I had the fastest swim but John Anderson passed me on the bike at mile 4; I tried to hang with it but he pulled away slowly. Biking along A1A is great alongside the ocean.  Hot 3 mile out and headwind back run on the beach at a 9:10 split. Finished at 1:15:40, a minute faster than last year but 3 minutes behind John for 2ndplace out of 4 in Male 65-69.

Several humorous comments when I passed people on the bike too. Lots of Seminole County Triathlete friends there too. Last 3 photos show the racing museum from 1909 when they raced cars on the beach here. NASCAR raced on the beach here too. Friends Kerry Librada Girona and Andreas Moraitis both won overall(last photo)!
Racked and Ready!

Sunrise! You can see the Moulton between the 2 women.

Seminole County Triathletes on the beach 

Swim start

Out of the water

Speeding on the bike

Head down and happy

Starting the run
 
Heading back
Big finish
SCT Team!

2nd & 3rd
Kerry and Andreas

No comments:

Post a Comment