100 Triathlons
Go to the early blogs to read how I got into triathlons. Click on any picture to enlarge it. "It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood...who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly." Theodore Roosevelt 1910


Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The journey to here

Several years ago, during a conversation with friends, we were talking about the most memorable triathlons we had done, what got us involved in the first place, and where we hoped to go in the world of multisport. As I had done my first triathlon in August of 1993, someone asked how many I had done. This led us to the file cabinet in my den where, years before, I began filing my race bibs (with the results written on them). After counting and recounting the numbers, we discovered, to my astonishment, I had done 72 triathlons. Currently, at the close of the 2009 season, I have finished 93, both sprints and Olympic distance.

My reasoning for starting the blog, is to share my goal of 100 Triathlons and beyond, with people who are just beginning in this wonderful sport. Two years ago, a co-worker named Hollie, came to me with the goal of competing in a tri. In the ensuing months we found her a bike and started her on a training program to complete her first triathlon at the end of the summer. I hope you will gain some information and some insight into the sharing of the knowledge I have acquired since that summer morning in 1993.

No comments:

Post a Comment